Recipe by vrvrvr
Straight-forward, non-fussy, you've got these ingredients in the house! And it's soooo good.
Top Review by Barb G.
This soup is Delicious & very easy to make. I had everything on hand, didn't use the butter just sprayed the soup pot with EVOO & sauted the onion & garlic,used homemade chicken stock & chicken that I had cooked & frozen. I used a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes the green chiles added a nice flavor so we didn't need the hot sauce. The grated cheddar cheese was a good addition to the soup. Vivian, I will be making this often as we loved it!
- 1 large purple onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 425.24 g can cream-style corn
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 473.18-709.77 ml shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml crushed tortilla chips
- grated cheddar cheese
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In soup pot, melt butter. Add onion and garlic, saute gently 5 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, chicken stock, cumin, chicken and tortilla chips.
- Heat, stirring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching on the bottom.
- Simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls; top with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese, dribble hot sauce over (for those who like it spicier.).