Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such an easy recipe and I have not found one person who doesn't like it. My kids absolutely love this soup. I ALWAYS have to double the recipe and I still never have any leftovers.
- 473.18 ml cubed chicken
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 304.75 g can cream of potato soup
- 354.88 ml milk
- 127.57 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92-9.85 ml cumin (optional, but adds great flavor)
- 2-4 flour tortillas, cut into 1 x 2 in. strips
- 354.88 ml shredded cheese, any flavor
- 340.19 g jar jalapenos (you will need the juice.)
- In a skillet, cook the cubed chicken in olive oil and 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice until lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, soups, milk, onion powder and cumin. Add the cooked chicken to the soup. Then add salt, pepper and enough jalapeno juice to taste. I usually use the entire jar's juice.
- Just before serving, add the tortilla strips and cheese. For cheese lovers, top with more cheese. YUM!
- You can also add additional ingredients to the individual bowls to change the flavor -- jalapenos, onions, sour cream, salsa or cilantro. It's your choice. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
I added 1/2 cup rice and 14oz can diced tomatoes. Delicious!