Miss Dazoo's Note:
This is such an easy recipe and I have not found one person who doesn't like it. My kids absolutely love this soup. I ALWAYS have to double the recipe and I still never have any leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cubed chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin (optional, but adds great flavor)
- 2 -4 flour tortillas, cut into 1 x 2 in. strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, any flavor
- 1 (12 ounce) jar jalapenos (you will need the juice.)
- 1In a skillet, cook the cubed chicken in olive oil and 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice until lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, soups, milk, onion powder and cumin. Add the cooked chicken to the soup. Then add salt, pepper and enough jalapeno juice to taste. I usually use the entire jar's juice.
- 3Just before serving, add the tortilla strips and cheese. For cheese lovers, top with more cheese. YUM!
- 4You can also add additional ingredients to the individual bowls to change the flavor -- jalapenos, onions, sour cream, salsa or cilantro. It's your choice. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 1797.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: