Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
bite sized finger food the whole family will love. I had a friend bring something similar to my baby shower, but it was just meat, cream cheese, and tortilla shells. I wanted to revamp this recipe and give it more flavor, enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 3⁄4 cup cooked diced bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (basil, oregano, parsley etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, leaves no stems
- 1⁄2 cup finally diced carrot
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 2 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Soften cream cheese and mix in all dry herbs and fresh cilantro. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over both shells covering the whole shell.
- Then spread guacamole over 1/2 of each shell.
- Then sprinkle bacon on the other half of each shell.
- Sprinkle carrots evenly over both shells.
- Combine tomatoes and red onion and sprinkle evenly over both shells.
- Last sprinkle chicken evenly over both shells.
- Carefully role up both shells tightly, put on a plate, cover with Saran wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve cut tortilla rolls into 1 inch slices, plate and serve.
While I halved this recipe when making it, I did still use 2 of the flour tortillas & also used just 1/8 cup of the diced onion, but other than that, all ingredient amounts (for half a recipe) were includedm & I had some ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING FINGER FOOD! A definite keeper ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
Made this for a BBQ and everyone loved them! Will make them again. A bit time-consuming to chop and put together, but worth it. The receipe filled more than 2 burrito sized tortillas...filled about 5 or 6! Did some tweaking to the recipe: used about 1/2 C of carrots; about 2 TB of dried herbs (1/2 C seemed to be way too much); and a little less than the 1/2 C red onion.