Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These are a wonderful change from a sandwich! Plan ahead the mixture needs to chill for about 3 hours before using. Servings are estimated. If desired add in a couple tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro I also like to add in a small minced garlic clove
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packagedry buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1⁄3 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (or use 1 small yellow onion)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- black pepper
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Drain the roasted bell peppers well and then place them between sheets of paper towels pressing to remove any excess moisture; chop them and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the cooked chicken, softened cream cheese, dry ranch dressing mixture, chopped olives, green onions and chilies; mix well to combine, season with cayenne and black pepper to taste; cover and chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over each tortilla and roll up.
- Slice each roll onto 4 slices (or in halves) secure with toothpicks.
I have used this recipe twice for family parties, and always get compliments. My daughters have asked for the recipe as well. For a spicier twist I'm planning on trying it without the green olives and doubling up on the green chilies. Makes up well, keeps well, presents well, and everyone loves it. Yummy - thanks!