Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the original recipe when I worked at Lowell Farms, an organic rice company. I originally used their organic jasmine rice in this recipe. It is very good and has a distinct tast much different than regular white rice. It gives the dish a lot of flavor. It is hard for me to find unless I go back to my hometown. I added chicken to the recipe to make it a main dish. I have not made this in a long time and just recently found my recipe again. I am posting for safe keeping. http://www.lowellfarms.com
- 453.59 g diced chicken, browned and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste-can use rotisserie
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup
- 141.74 g can Rotel Tomatoes (diced tomatoes with green chilis)
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into bite sized pieces
- 59.14 ml onion
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 113.39 g carton sour cream
- 113.39 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml white rice
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown chicken in saute pan with seasonings until done. Mix together everything except margarine. Place margarine in casserole dish and place in oven to melt.After margarine has melted, remove dish and add the chicken-rice mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- ***For some reason I remember having to either cook the rice and then add it or add more liquid and increase the cooking time. When I make it again, I will correct the recipe.