Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of one of those "free" recipe books you get from some of the internet sites. This one came out of a Pace Cookbook.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) jar enchilada sauce
- 9 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce into a shallow dish that is big enough to dip the corn tortillas.
- Dip 3 tortillas in sauce to coat and place in bottom of pie place, overlapping as necessarry.
- Top with half of the chicken and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Dip 3 more tortillas in sauce and place on top of cheese.
- Top this layer with remaining chicken and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Dip remaining tortillas in sauce and place on top of cheese.
- Spread remaining sauce over the top of the tortillas.
- Bake for 25 minutes, top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut in pie shaped wedges to serve.
a simple recipe that tastes good , i heat the sauce when dipping the tortillas . dee