Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
My family really loves this recipe. It is a good home-cooked meal that has great flavor. We tried it at a friends house and thank goodness she let us have the recipe. We have it at least once a month.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can enchilada sauce (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil chicken until completely cooked.
- Let cool.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl combine onion, soups, evaporated milk, enchilada sauce and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3/4 in. strips
- Spray bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray and place half of the tortillas in bottom.
- Repeat this process one more time and cook in the microwave for 10-12 minutes until bubbly.
- *Can also be cooked in oven-- top with alum.foil and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
This casserole sounded good, but I did make a couple of additions. I added one can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, drained, 1 c. medium Pace salsa, and I used 1/2 c sour cream instead of the evaporated milk (didn't have any) and cilantro instead of the parsley. I used green enchilada sauce. Great casserole! Thanks for sharing.
We love this casserole. Instead of the evaporated mil and enchilada sauce, I use 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup salsa. I cut the tortillas into squares and mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. After putting it in a casserole dish, I let it sit in the refrigerator overnight so the sauce soaks the tortillas and the flavors mix. Yummy!
This was liked by all in my family. Kind of like King Ranch chicken with out the tomatoes! Very creamy and cheesy. I used cillantro instead of parsley. This would be great to take to a pot luck dinner. Makes a lot and is even better the next day.