Recipe by ChristyEsp
My family really loves this recipe. It is a good home-cooked meal that has great flavor. We tried it at a friends house and thank goodness she let us have the recipe. We have it at least once a month.
Top Review by Pesto lover
This casserole sounded good, but I did make a couple of additions. I added one can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, drained, 1 c. medium Pace salsa, and I used 1/2 c sour cream instead of the evaporated milk (didn't have any) and cilantro instead of the parsley. I used green enchilada sauce. Great casserole! Thanks for sharing.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can enchilada sauce (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until completely cooked.
- Let cool.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl combine onion, soups, evaporated milk, enchilada sauce and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Cut tortillas into 3/4 in. strips
- Spray bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray and place half of the tortillas in bottom.
- Repeat this process one more time and cook in the microwave for 10-12 minutes until bubbly.
- *Can also be cooked in oven-- top with alum.foil and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.