1/1 Photo of Chicken Tortilla Casserole
NW Cajun Foodie's Note:
This is my "go to" food when I'm in a hurry and have company coming. You can make it spicy or not. It is definitely easy, comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (for those who enjoy spicier foods)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in cubes
- 6 flour tortillas, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream, for garnish
- green onion, chopped, for garnish
- sliced avocado, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Spray a 8" or 9" square baking dish with Pam.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook pepper, onion and jalapenos in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add green chiles, soup, Rotel tomatoes, and chicken stirring until well blended.
- 4In baking dish alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese repeating for 2 layers. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- 5Garnish with sour cream, green onions and/or avocado slices when serving.
- 6Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 1131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 24.4 g