Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my "go to" food when I'm in a hurry and have company coming. You can make it spicy or not. It is definitely easy, comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (for those who enjoy spicier foods)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in cubes
- 6 flour tortillas, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream, for garnish
- green onion, chopped, for garnish
- sliced avocado, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F Spray a 8" or 9" square baking dish with Pam.
- In a large saucepan, cook pepper, onion and jalapenos in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add green chiles, soup, Rotel tomatoes, and chicken stirring until well blended.
- In baking dish alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese repeating for 2 layers. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions and/or avocado slices when serving.
- Makes 4 servings.