Recipe by Jadelabyrinth
I've tried a few similarly named casseroles from the zaar, but this one is by far my favorite. I couldn't find it on here, so I am posting it so I don't lose it. This is from TOH. If needed for a potluck, it doubles great! Note to self: Made for green room, was a hit. I needed 2.5 lbs blsl chicken breasts to get 3 cups cubed chicken. Also, when doubling: 15 8-inch tortillas equals 20 6-inch tortillas.
Top Review by DuChick
This was a pretty good weeknight meal and a quick one to pull together too. I used Healthy Request soup, frozen corn and reduced-fat cheeses. I was wishing I had little ones to tear all those tortillas into pieces! They'd have such fun! Might be good with black beans added too. Thanks for sharing!
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 40.22 ml celery, chopped
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, cubed
- 7 flour tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces (I use the 6-inch size)
- 203.26 g can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 75.69 g can diced green chilies
- 283.49 g can corn
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1.62 ml white pepper
- 158.51 ml salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring the broth, onion and celery to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place in a large bowl; add chicken, tortillas, soup, chilies, corn, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.