I've tried a few similarly named casseroles from the zaar, but this one is by far my favorite. I couldn't find it on here, so I am posting it so I don't lose it. This is from TOH. If needed for a potluck, it doubles great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 10 flour tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces (I use the 6-inch size)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1In a saucepan, bring the broth, onion and celery to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3Place in a large bowl; add chicken, tortillas, soup, chilies, corn, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and pepper. Mix everything together.
- 4Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and remaining cheeses.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.2
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 1809.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 50.7 g