Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've tried a few similarly named casseroles from the zaar, but this one is by far my favorite. I couldn't find it on here, so I am posting it so I don't lose it. This is from TOH. If needed for a potluck, it doubles great!
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 10 flour tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces (I use the 6-inch size)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- In a saucepan, bring the broth, onion and celery to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place in a large bowl; add chicken, tortillas, soup, chilies, corn, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
This was a pretty good weeknight meal and a quick one to pull together too. I used Healthy Request soup, frozen corn and reduced-fat cheeses. I was wishing I had little ones to tear all those tortillas into pieces! They'd have such fun! Might be good with black beans added too. Thanks for sharing!