Recipe by Donna Matthews
I got this recipe many years ago from a friend under the name of Viva La Chicken, but that's never what we call it. Regardless of the name, it is one of the favorites in my family and very easy to make. Times do not include letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
Top Review by lov2cook
I love this recipe. It was given to me with directions to layer the chicken, tortillas and sauce. I now use Tostitos Gold Tortilla Chips crushed instead of the tortillas and LaVictoria Thick N' Chunky Salsa Verde. Just wonderful.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or other creamed soup of your choice)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tortillas into strips or squares.
- In a large bowl, combine canned soups, salsa, and milk to form a sauce.
- Add grated cheese, chicken cubes, tortilla pieces, and chopped onions.
- Toss all ingredients until well mixed.
- Put into greased casserole dish.
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes (or until hot and bubbly).