Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Vintage Southern Living
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the tortillas and cheese.
- Tear each tortilla into 4 pieces; layer half the tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 8x12 inch baking dish; repeat layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.