Recipe by Michelle S.
My friend Julies recipe. She got tired of us begging her to make it for us so we got the recipe! Feel free to substitue another can of chiles if you are out of salsa. I serve this with Mexican rice and top the dish with sour cream, chopped cilantro and sliced ripe olives.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup salsa (fresh or bottled)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 corn or 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combime, chicken, chiles, broth, soups, salsa, and onion. Set aside.
- Take half the tortillas and rip them and place them on the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan, taking car to leave no "bare" spots.
- Top with half the chicken mixture, then with half the cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is bubbling.