Recipe by Denise in NH
I received a small cookbook from Birds Eye and it had this recipe for Chicken Tortellini Soup. Have not tried it yet, but it sounds so easy and delicious!
Top Review by Gingerbear
This is delicious soup! We loved it. It is a wonderful soup for a cold winter night. I couldn't find the frozen vegetables with carrots in it so I used the broccoli and cauliflower and some peas instead and I had to use turkey since the store that I went to was all out of chicken breasts. It turned out great though. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken or 4 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) packagebirds eye farm frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packagedry cheese tortellini
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepot combine water, chicken broth, chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; add vegetables and tortellini.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and diced tomatoes.