Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received a small cookbook from Birds Eye and it had this recipe for Chicken Tortellini Soup. Have not tried it yet, but it sounds so easy and delicious!
- 4 cups water
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken or 4 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) packagebirds eye farm frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packagedry cheese tortellini
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- In large saucepot combine water, chicken broth, chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; add vegetables and tortellini.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and diced tomatoes.
This is delicious soup! We loved it. It is a wonderful soup for a cold winter night. I couldn't find the frozen vegetables with carrots in it so I used the broccoli and cauliflower and some peas instead and I had to use turkey since the store that I went to was all out of chicken breasts. It turned out great though. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
I really enjoyed this. It was so easy to make, and delicious. Thanks for sharing!
My entire family loved this. I do think i'd add some cheddar or velveeta cheese next time, just because we LOVE cheese in my house, but it was great this way, too. It was super easy too. i used leftover chicken from the night before!