Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very easy and delicious soup to have for dinner on a chilly evening!
- 1 cup chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb tortellini, cooked
- In 3 qt saucepan, melt butter.
- Add carrots; saute 2-3 minutes
- Add chicken and cook 5 mins until chicken is done.
- Add celery and onions; cook 4-5 minutes
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in water; add to soup with remaining ingredients except tortellini.
- Simmer until all vegetables are tender.
- Salt and pepper; add tortellini.
- Heat through and serve.
Great way for me to make a quick meal from a roasted chicken breast. I used fresh thyme and a garlic pepper seasoning. The flavor improves on the second day, too. Thanks Eat it Up, for another delicious soup recipe. Roxygirl