Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy salad that is quick and easy. Great to take to a BBQ!
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix; mix well.
- Add the tortellini, chicken, roasted peppers, scallions, and basil; toss until well combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve (takes about 2 hours to chill).
I gave this recipe 5 stars. My family loves this salad. My mom got her copy of this recipe from Mr. Food. My family has made a few changes to the recipe. My mom only uses frozen or dried tortellini, regular sour cream and mayonnaise. My family doesn't add the peppers or scallions. My mom does sometimes use fresh basil and adds onion powder. My brother-inlaw adds frozen peas which I really enjoy. Overall this is got to be one of the best salads I've ever had. Thanks so much for posting such a great recipe. Christine (internetnut)
My son ate three bowls of this. I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded it the night before for easy preparation the next day.