This is an easy and delicious Mexican sandwich that is served all over here in San Diego. You start with the famous soft oblong Mexican sandwich bread roll called "Bolillos" but any soft sandwich roll will do. It's sort of a burrito on a bun. You can also make them with seasoned ground or shredded beef (leftover taco meat perhaps?). I hope you like them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bolillos mexican rolls or 4 soft French rolls
- 473.18 ml cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can refried beans
- 118.29 ml shredded cheese
- 1Micro the split rolls a few seconds to make them nice and soft and then pull the doughy centers out of the top and the bottom.
- 2Spread the bottom with a layer of hot refried beans then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 3Put a pile of hot cooked chicken on top of the cheese then top with sour cream, salsa, a couple slices of avocado then shredded lettuce.
- 4Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortas (Mexican sandwiches)
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 804.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: