Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and delicious Mexican sandwich that is served all over here in San Diego. You start with the famous soft oblong Mexican sandwich bread roll called "Bolillos" but any soft sandwich roll will do. It's sort of a burrito on a bun. You can also make them with seasoned ground or shredded beef (leftover taco meat perhaps?). I hope you like them!
- 4 bolillos mexican rolls or 4 soft French rolls
- 473.18 ml cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can refried beans
- 118.29 ml shredded cheese
- sour cream
- avocado (or guacamole)
- shredded lettuce
- Micro the split rolls a few seconds to make them nice and soft and then pull the doughy centers out of the top and the bottom.
- Spread the bottom with a layer of hot refried beans then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Put a pile of hot cooked chicken on top of the cheese then top with sour cream, salsa, a couple slices of avocado then shredded lettuce.
- Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy!
Simple and fast! I always have shredded mexican style chicken vaccum sealed and frozen, so I defrosted some real quick, added some salsa to it, popped open a can of beans and wa-la! Very yummy. I topped with lettuce and sour cream. Thanks for sharing!
It was okay, but I would like this better as a wrap than a sandwich. It is just too much bread for me. We won't make this again.
Good recipe. I used shredded chicken that had been seasoned with taco seasoning and onion. The recipe was good and easy. We will be having them again!