Recipe by SaraFish
This is an easy and delicious Mexican sandwich that is served all over here in San Diego. You start with the famous soft oblong Mexican sandwich bread roll called "Bolillos" but any soft sandwich roll will do. It's sort of a burrito on a bun. You can also make them with seasoned ground or shredded beef (leftover taco meat perhaps?). I hope you like them!
Top Review by Lakerdog2
Simple and fast! I always have shredded mexican style chicken vaccum sealed and frozen, so I defrosted some real quick, added some salsa to it, popped open a can of beans and wa-la! Very yummy. I topped with lettuce and sour cream. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 bolillos mexican rolls or 4 soft French rolls
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- sour cream
- avocado (or guacamole)
- shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Micro the split rolls a few seconds to make them nice and soft and then pull the doughy centers out of the top and the bottom.
- Spread the bottom with a layer of hot refried beans then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Put a pile of hot cooked chicken on top of the cheese then top with sour cream, salsa, a couple slices of avocado then shredded lettuce.
- Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy!