Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.sparkrecipes.com website.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Pierce potatoes with fork and place in microwave. Microwave on high for 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken thighs, flour, paprika and crushed red pepper flakes in a zipper plastic bag and shake.
- Melt butter in non-stick pan; add chicken mixture, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Split potatoes and fluff up pulp. Divide chicken mixture among potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I was happily surprised with this dish, and so was my husband! A couple notes... I used much more red pepper flakes - almost a full teaspoon (we like our food spicy). Also, I omitted mushrooms because I had none on hand but I think I like it better this way anyway. Also, since I omitted mushrooms, I doubled the onions. Lastly, we are not on diets so we used regular chick broth and regular sour cream. The result was a very filling, creamy and substantial dinner. We will definitely make this a regular on our meal repertoire. The chicken came out really tender!