Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The capers add a sparkling briny feature. Serve it with a simple green salad for an understated elegance.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots or 3 tablespoons green onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy skillet, brown the chicken in the oil over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tarragon, tomatoes, vinegar, capers, wine, and tomato paste.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done.
- 15 to 20 minutes or so.
- Juices should run clear.
- Plate it up and garnish with parsley.
We made this with chicken thigh fillets (for preference), that we cut into chunks. Served it over pasta with a salad. Very good recipe thanks Clifford.