Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A quick, tasty dinner
Top Review by Jake's Mommy
My family loved this, even the little one who doesn't care for tomatoes. I increased the chicken stock since I didn't have any wine and also increased the amount of orzo. We topped it with some grated romano cheese and it came out so creamy. I'm going to try it with rice next time to see how it comes out since my dad has celiacs disease and can't have pasta and I know he would love this dish!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big soup pot over medium heat, add the tomatotes w/ juice, chicken stock, garlic, basil, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add chicken, wine, orzo, and zucchini; lower heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and orzo is tender.