Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just made this on a whim tonight. Tasted pretty good, so I thought I'd post it because it was really easy and went great with our grilled cheese sandwiches. Something a little different than tomato soup...Leave out the chicken for a more vegetarian version. Great opportunity to use up your garden tomatoes!
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces pasta
- 14 ounces water
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Put the sauce and tomatoes together with the water and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and chicken and bring down to low.
- Add the spices and cook for about 15-20 minutes.