Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was just playing around with different ingredients for a sandwich and made this great meal!!
- 2 slices bread (I used homemade rye bread, but you can use any)
- 3 -4 ounces cooked chicken
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or more to taste)
- Toast bread partly (not completely, since you will later finish warming it on the stove).
- Slice tomato (thick slices taste best) and lay out on 1 slice bread.
- Grill chicken (be sure the chicken is fully cooked before-hand; right now you are just adding flavor) on stove using oil and Italian seasoning (and any other seasonings that you enjoy).
- Take chicken off of stove (turn stove to a small heat to use for later) and chop into smaller pieces and then put chicken on top of the tomato.
- Tear lettuce into smaller pieces (small shreds or into 2 pieces so it fits on the bread) and lay onto of bread.
- Top with 2nd slice of bread.
- Turn stove back to normal heat.
- Lay entire sandwich on pan and grill until the sandwich is warm and then turn over and do the same to the other side.
- If you desire, while grilling, spray bread with extra oil and Italian seasoning on both sides for additional flavor (keep in mind that your hands will get a little bit oily while eating).