Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thick with vegetables, potatoes and beans, this chowder is a great midweek supper for the whole family.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tsp of the oil.
- Saute the carrots, scallions, celery and garlic until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil, then stir in the potatoes, marjoram, oregano and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil.
- Saute the chicken until cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir into the chowder; stir in the beans and parsley.
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.