Recipe by Drazen
I LOVE chicken along with tomato and basil.....heck I just love tomato with basil! I whipped this up last night and hubby loved it so I thought I would post it. Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 lbs ground chicken (or what ever ground meat you prefer)
- 14 ounces mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 7 large basil leaves, chopped (~ 1 cup)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (or less if you don't want a "bite")
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked penne (or your choice of pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, mushrooms, onion, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and wine in a pan and sautee until meat is just about done and veggies are soft.
- While the meat+ are cooking add the remainder of the ingredients to a crock pot or regular pot.
- When meat is done, add it to the pot.
- Cook on low on the stove for 2 hours or high in the crock pot for 4 hours.
- An hour before the soup is done, cook pasta.
- When ready to eat, add pasta to soup and garnish with shredded mozz. cheese.