Recipe by zarlene
"Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry" These elegant little pockets filled with creamy chicken and sweet corn will be a hit at your next gathering or dinner. The flaky phyllo adds a wonderful crunch and an additional flavor to an already delicious combination. Easy to make and transport for a buffet or potluck. The pockets are sealed so they stay warm and can be baked and served in 4 inch crocks if desired.
- 1 (8 ounce) phyllo dough, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, pepper and garlic until tender. Add chicken, corn and tomatoes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, grated parmesan, lemon juice and garlic powder. Fold sauce into chicken, tomato and corn mixture. Add ½ cup Asiago cheese and basil.
- Unroll phyllo. Remove single sheet and brush with butter. Fold sheet in half. Remove another sheet, brush with butter. Fold in half and crisscross 1st sheet. Repeat 1 move time, pivot remaining sheet as you layer. Gently press into large 6 count muffin pan. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Asiago cheese in bottom of muffin cups. Fill muffins with tomato mixture and fold overhanging phyllo over top, brushing with butter after each fold. (Brush tops of muffins with butter) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Makes 6 large muffin pockets.