Recipe by ellie3763
from "crepes of wrath" - http://crepesofwrath.net/2010/06/09/chicken-tomato-potato-stew/
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ozcans reduced-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the diced onion, saute for 5 minutes until softened, then add in the minced garlic and saute for another minute or so until fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except for the sour cream, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir to combine and cook for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through and slightly thickened.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of sour cream in a small container and add in a few spoonfuls of broth from the stew. Whisk together to temper the sour cream (this makes sure that the sour cream doesn’t clump when added to the stew).
- Add in the tempered sour cream to the stew and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and spoon into bowls.