Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is really quick to make, tastes great and if like me you are only making these for yourself and hubby, they make great leftovers for the next day, as my son and I found out. You will see from the photo I shaped into quite large patties, I don't usually do this I just wanted this for photo purposes. I make three patties per person and as you can see, if you made them this size, it would just be too much. Also it makes for a shorter cooking time if shaped smaller.
Top Review by PaulaG
We really enjoyed these. I used ground turkey. Also discovered I can't read a recipe correctly so ended up adding chopped onion to the meat mixture. The patties were formed using my slider press and 3 make a perfect serving along with the salad. Using the slider press I ended up with 22 well formed patties. I substituted spring mix for the spinach because that was what I had on hand. Made for *Aussie Swap*
- 800 g ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons drained sun-dried tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled, divided use
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 250 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons mild French mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, tomato, egg, breadcrumbs and half the cheese, mix well, shape into 12 patties.
- Cook patties in a large oiled frying pan, Cook until browned and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes depending on how big you made your patties.
- Combine spinach, onion and remaining cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and mustard in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Pour a small amount of dressing into spinach salad toss to coat. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- To Serve: Spoon spinach salad onto plates top with patties and drizzle with more dressing.