Recipe by BrendaM
This recipe is from the Pillsbury Quick and Easy Bake Off contest.
Top Review by Stacy Buzzell
these were great. I made some adjustments like I did not have GRANDS but I had regular pillsbury rolls so I used those (smaller and not half as yummy) and I skipped the cornflakes part but they were AWSOME....My family ate them all up... Tonight I am using this recipe again...thank you!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup drained mushroom, chopped or sliced (4 oz.)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed or 1 cup corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook about 1 minute until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, cheese and mushrooms; set aside.
- Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits.
- Roll or pat each into 5-inch circle.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each biscuit circle.
- Wrap dough around chicken mixture, pressing edges to seal.
- Dip rolls in egg, then coat with crushed cornflakes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.