1/2 Photos of Chicken to Go Biscuits
This recipe is from the Pillsbury Quick and Easy Bake Off contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup drained mushroom, chopped or sliced (4 oz.)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed or 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- 3Add milk all at once.
- 4Cook about 1 minute until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in chicken, cheese and mushrooms; set aside.
- 6Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits.
- 7Roll or pat each into 5-inch circle.
- 8Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each biscuit circle.
- 9Wrap dough around chicken mixture, pressing edges to seal.
- 10Dip rolls in egg, then coat with crushed cornflakes.
- 11Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 12Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken to Go Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 161.9 mg
- Sodium 1920.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g