Chris Reynolds's Note:
I found this recipe in the weekly circular of our local newspaper. It's crispy, crunchy, and low in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
CREAMY DILL SAUCE
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a bowl, combine flour, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss chicken with flour mixture.
- 3Pour milk into a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into milk.
- 4Pour bread crumbs onto a large bowl. Roll chicken in crumbs.
- 5Arrange chicken on baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Serve nuggets with ketchup or a sauce of your choosing.
- 6NOTE: The recipe calls for breast, but I don't see why you couldn't substitute boneless thighs.
- 7To make sauces: mix together ingreadients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken to Crow About
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 713.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g