1/2 Photos of 'chicken' Tikka Masala - Vegan Style
1 hr 15 mins
My all time favorite Indian dish - Chicken Tikka Masala. Since my vegan conversion, this is one meal I surely thought, I'd never have again. Thanks to the folks at Gardein, their 'chicken scallopini' makes this carnivorous dish, 100% vegan friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 vegan chicken, scallopini breasts by Gardein (available at most Whole Foods stores)
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 bamboo skewers
- 1Chop 'chicken' into 1" cubes. Mix all marinade ingredients together and add the cubed Gardein chicken. Marinate for about 1 hour.
- 2Soak bamboo skewers in warm water while preparing sauce.
- 3For sauce, melt 'butter' on medium heat until melted.
- 4Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala and salt.
- 6Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Add peas and stir in coconut milk. Simmer on low heat (stirring often) while preparing the Gardein chicken.
- 8Thread Gardein chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
- 9Broil Gardein chicken, turning occasionally, to cook through for about 8-10 minutes.
- 10Remove Gardein chicken from skewers and add to sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with Basmati or Jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 'chicken' Tikka Masala - Vegan Style
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1211.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance margarine