Prep 6 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is posted in response to a request. It is from www.bawarchi.com
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 ounces tikka paste
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into eight sections
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 15 -20 cashews, ground
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes.
- Mix with yogurt and tikka paste and marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Thread on bamboo skewers and broil in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is almost thoroughly cooked and starts to blacken on the top.
- Rotate the pan at least once to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and put aside while making the curry.
- Keep the remaining marinade, as you will need it later.
- At medium temperature, heat the oil.
- When hot, add the onion.
- Fry for 3-5 min.
- ,then add the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Stir for 2 min.
- Add the turmeric, followed by the remaining spices.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup lukewarm water with the marinade that was kept aside earlier.
- Slowly add this mixture to the pan, letting about half of the liquid evaporate.
- Add the tomato sections and stir briefly.
- Add the salt and fry until the tomato pieces are just beginning to get soft.
- Add the cashews, cream and chicken pieces and cover and simmer on low heat, for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Serve with Rice or Naan.
Very close to our favorite restaurant version!
This is exactly the way I make it and I've had a lot of success as well... It's super addicting, and even the kids enjoy it!! Thank you for posting this :)
Chari, this is my favorite dish!! I made it for my father in law last night. I added Methi leaves, lemon and a bit of sugar. It rounds the whole dish off wonderfully!! Also I saute about half a green bell pepper and two green chilis with the onion seperatly with a little tav fry and add it to the gravy. I am addicted to this dish!!!