Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken tikka in a creamy spicy tomato and yoghurt sauce.
- 450 g chicken, tikka
- 1 teaspoon pureed ginger
- 1 teaspoon pureed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 g butter or 50 g ghee
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 100 ml warm water
- 300 ml plain yogurt
- Mix the ginger, garlic and ½ tsp salt together to a smooth paste.
- Melt the butter in a deep frying pan and fry the onions until transparent (about 3 minutes). Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a further minute. Stir in the chopped tomato.
- Stir in the ground spices and cayenne pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the warm water and stir.
- Add the yoghurt, 1 tblsp at a time, stirring for 30 seconds each time then add the remaining salt, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken tikka, re-cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.