1/1 Photo of Chicken Tikka Masala
A simpler, yet oh so delicious version of tikka masala. This recipe does not require marinating the chicken, which make it quicker to prepare. It also uses all dry, ground ingredients so that no blooming or grinding is needed beforehand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml ghee or 14.79 ml clarified butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml ginger, fresh or 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml curry powder (red or yellow)
- 7.39 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 4.92 ml cardamom
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 1First prepare all chicken and vegetables.
- 2Chicken can be cut into 1" cubes.
- 3Pre-cook chicken in a pan. Saute on a low to medium heat, trying not to brown chicken. Poaching chicken also works well and can give the chicken a softer and more moist texture.
- 4Sweat onions in clarified butter over medium heat. When nearing translucency, add garlic and ginger. Sweat until soft, try not to brown.
- 5Slowly pour in tomato sauce. Begin adding spices (cumin through cinnamon).
- 6Blend spices into tomato sauce completely, slowing stirring.
- 7Add half and half, bringing the sauce to a light simmer. Combine well.
- 8I suggest tasting the sauce and adding salt to taste if necessary.
- 9Add chicken to sauce and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- 10You can also add par-cooked potatoes, carrots, cauliflower or chickpeas to dish if desired.
- 11Serve over warm rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tikka Masala
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 287.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g