Recipe by Lisa02
Absolutely gorgeous chicken curry.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Thank U for a fabulous chicken recipe! I made this for lunch today. I doubled the recipe, used 1 kg 300gm chicken(cut into pieces). Instead of a can of chopped tomatoes, I used 4 tomatoes(chopped). I used 5 tbsps. oil, 5 cloves of garlic, 2 inch fresh ginger, 3 onions, 9 tbsp. low-fat yogurt, 4 tbsp. curry paste, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 3 cups water. Additionally, I used 1 tsp. red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp. red food colouring. I used 3 cups water to cook the chicken. I did not use plain flour. I made a puree of the tomato, garlic, ginger, yogurt and onions and cooked the chicken in it alongwith the 3 cups of water for 50 minutes om medium-high flame. It was AMAZING! The colour, the taste, it was perfect! I served it with chicken pulao, it was gone in minutes and my brother is SO HAPPY today with the food, he extends a special THANK U to U. Thank U for this recipe from the core of my heart!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons masala curry paste
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 fluid ounces water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic and ginger.
- Put the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and yoghurt into a blender or food processor and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the masala curry paste and fry for a further minute of a medium heat, stirring once or twice.
- Add the tomato mixture and chicken to the pan and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour and water together and stir into the pan off the heat.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Sprinkle in the chopped coriander and serve immediately with rice.