Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken tikki masala recipe from a lady I met who has been living there for many years - havent had a chance to try it yet
- 100 g butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 100 g cream
- Melt the butter.
- finely chop/grind onion and fry the paste till brown.
- add garlic and ginger paste and fry.
- add tomato puree.
- add chilli powder and salt.
- add the cream and heat up, do not bring to the boil.
- separately cook the chicken then add to the sauce.
- chopped green chilli at the end.