Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons ghee (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Immerse chicken in marinade and leave in fridge for 24 hours.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot.
- Stir fry chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Fry onion and garlic until just browning.
- Return chicken with any remaining marinade, plus broth.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened.
what you need is to replace chick broth fore tikka paste (4oz) and add some cashews to make it amazing
Thank you for the recipe Rhonda Scheurer. This is a very nice recipe. I like the flavour of the dish. It was very easy to prepare. I used a wok pan to stir fry the chicken so the juice from the marinade did not splatter everywhere. I actually halved the recipe so next I am going to stick to the original quanities as the cayenne pepper a little of the hot side for a Chicken Tikka. However, this is more than likely because of my resizing of quanities. Once I cook this to the exact quanities I am sure that the cayenne pepper will blend in with the other ingredients. So I will revisit my review once I have cooked this recipe again. Many thanks.