Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I combined two recipes from Zaar to make what I think is the best Tikka ever!
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 inch long piece gingerroot, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons garam masala powder
- cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- Combine the Marinade ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl. Stir in the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Process Sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan over med heat and saute onion 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in masala powder and saute for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the Sauce to the pan and cook on med-low until thickened.
- Add the marinated chicken, red peppers and carrots and continue cooking over med-low until the chicken is done. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked basmati, or long grain white, rice.
Great! I served this to guests and they were really impressed!