Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy Indian grilling dish using boneless chicken thighs; although you can substitute breast meat. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (cubed)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 44.37 ml store-bought tikka paste
- 118.29 ml coconut milk
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- Soak 8 skewers in water to prevent burning. Thread 2 pieces of chicken and a wedge of onion alternately along each skewer. Place the skewers in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
- Combine the tikka paste, coconut milk and lemon juice in a jar with a lid. Season and shake well to combine. Pour the mixture over the skewers and marinate at least 2 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Cook the skewers on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill or grill pan for 4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Put any leftover marinade in a small pan and bring to a boil. Serve as a sauce with the tikka kebabs.