Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Serve with salad and mint chutney.
- 400 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, wedges
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken cubes, ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, salt and lemon juice. Leave to marinate in a cool place for at least 2 hours, or in the refrigerator over night.
- Place the chicken on a grill tray or in a flame proof dish lined with foil, and baste with oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked, turning and basting 2-3 times. Serve with lime wedges.
Roja has the right ingredients for this dish. I would add 1 tsp of ground green papaya to the marinade. It tenderizes the meat and makes it more juicy and tasteful. Otherwise the recipe is right-on!