A combination of recipes from CuisineCuisine.com, cliveb on CheftoChef.net, Askachef.com and Epicurious.com
- boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups plain natural yoghurt
- Mix all but chicken together in bowl, refrigerate overnight.
- Add chicken, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes to marinate in afore-mentioned bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring chicken to room temperature and skewer on bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
- Place on baking tray and bake in oven for 20 to 35 minutes.
- Three tablespoons of butter can be drizzled over for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Full of flavour, colour, aroma and so moist! I used turkey breast instead of chicken but otherwise I follow the recipe as written. I marinade overnight the chicken for a full aroma, bake for 30 minutes and added 1 teaspoon margarine on top. Thanks for posting!
We had mixed reviews to this from loved it to it was okay. So I'm giving it a solid 4. We didn't add the butter (they were nice and moist) and grilled them on the bbq instead of baking in the oven. The one son who just liked it crumbled on some fine feta which melted and then he liked it better.
My fiance and I made this for dinner one night. It smelled really good and spicy as it was cooking, but we found it to be rather bland when we ate it.