Over the years I have made many tikka recipes. This is my favorite since a few years. I have combined a recipe from the Master Chefs of India and Pat Chapman. Serve with onion rings, tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves. Marinating time not included.
- Cut the chicken breasts in long strips or cubes.
- In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, garlic, ginger, onion, chili powder, coriander, tomato paste and salt.
- Add the chicken to the marinade mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours but overnight is better.
- Skewer the chicken and cook under a hot grill, or even nicer cook them on the barbeque, 4 to 5 minutes on each side basting them with butter.
- Serve on the skewers (or remove the chicken from the skewers if you prefer).