1/2 Photos of Chicken Tikka
Over the years I have made many tikka recipes. This is my favorite since a few years. I have combined a recipe from the Master Chefs of India and Pat Chapman. Serve with onion rings, tomatoes and fresh coriander leaves. Marinating time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken breasts in long strips or cubes.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, garlic, ginger, onion, chili powder, coriander, tomato paste and salt.
- 3Add the chicken to the marinade mix well.
- 4Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours but overnight is better.
- 5Skewer the chicken and cook under a hot grill, or even nicer cook them on the barbeque, 4 to 5 minutes on each side basting them with butter.
- 6Serve on the skewers (or remove the chicken from the skewers if you prefer).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tikka
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.4
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 182.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 36.7 g