Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Australian recipe posted for ZWT5.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3 tablespoons Tia Maria
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 6 shallots or 6 spring onions
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in large frying pan.
- Add chicken pieces and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Add water and crumbled stock cube. Cover pan.
- Bring to a boil,reduce heat,and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add drained, washed artichoke hearts and tia maria to pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat,simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
- Add chopped shallots to sauce and spoon over chicken.