Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the flavor of fresh thyme. Chill time not included in cook time.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups red grapes, cut in half
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 2 t. dried thyme)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄4 cups salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook penne per package directions; rinse and drain.
- In a big bowl, mix together the penne, chicken, grapes, celery, and onion.
- In a small bowl add oil and 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme); stir to mix.
- Pour over chicken-pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- In another bowl, add mayonnaise, milk, honey, mustard, salt, and remaining thyme; stir to combine.
- Cover chicken-pasta mixture and cover mayonnaise mixture; chill both for at least 4 hours but not more than 24 hours.
- 2 hours before ready to serve, toss the chicken-pasta mixture and mayonnaise mixture together.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, season to taste with salt/pepper and add 3/4 cup walnuts; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top; serve.