Recipe by justcallmetoni
This first appeared in Cooking Light several years ago. As presented, it includes my changes to make the dish a bit more saucy and fully flavored.
Top Review by Guinea (fowl)Mom
Liked this overall but thought it could use a bit more flavor...will add some red wine, maybe some balsamic and red pepper FLAKES. Was quick and easy. Dredged chicken in flour, s&p, then finished in 325 oven uncovered until falling off bone. Real nice presentation. All gone!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (Greek, if possible)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 22 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained (about 1 1/5 14 oz cans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; scrape pan to loosen brown bits.
- Return chicken and accumulated juices to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.