1/2 Photos of Chicken Thighs With Sweet Onion Balsamic Relish
Based on a Cooking Light recipe, this has been modified to suit my own tastes. The sweet onions and balsamic vinegar create a lovely contrast in flavors that pair together so well. I usually serve this with couscous or brown rice with a green vegetable such as zucchini or spinach. Reheats well for lunch the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g vidalia onions (3/8 inch square) or 453.59 g some other sweet onion, cut into large dice (3/8 inch square)
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (680.38 g) skinless chicken thighs
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 24.64 ml balsamic vinegar, divided
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Saute onions with 1/4 teaspoon of pepper for about 5 minutes, the onions should be soft and golden.
- 3Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chicken, oregano, and thyme to pan, and sprinkle with 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar.
- 4Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 5Uncover, increase heat, and cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 6Stir in 1 teaspoon vinegar, and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thighs With Sweet Onion Balsamic Relish
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 152.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 34.7 g